Charitable Contributions from IRA Accounts
Posted: December 17th, 2013
Chicago Theological Seminary is pleased to inform its friends that the opportunity to make a charitable gift through one’s IRA (Traditional or Roth) is, once again, in effect. As you may well know, the Pension Protection Act of 2006 allowed qualified charitable contributions from IRA accounts. Under the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2012 (extension of the individual tax provisions), the opportunity has been extended to qualified distributions made until December 31, 2013.
Key points to keep in mind:
• The gift from the IRA must be made on or before 12/31/2013.
• Donors age 70 ½ and older are eligible.
• As much as $100,000 can be donated each year.
• The gift must be 100% charitable.
• Your IRA administrator must send the check directly to
Chicago Theological Seminary (address below).
• The gift can satisfy minimum required distributions,
reducing reportable income.
• Chicago Theological Seminary’s federal ID#36-2167014
On behalf of Chicago Theological Seminary, thank you for your consideration of this unique opportunity to make a transformative gift. If you have questions or need additional information about this charitable giving opportunity please contact:
Chicago Theological Seminary
Attn: Office of Advancement
1407 E. 60th Street
Chicago, IL 60637