Enter your search word or phrase below:
RIOTconversations: Era of Neo Reconstruction
Chicago Theological Seminary presents
RIOTconversations: Leaders for the Next in an Era of Neo-Reconstruction
Wednesday, April 5, 2017
Join us via Live Stream or on-campus. RSVP now for on-campus participation. The event(s) are free, all are welcome but an RSVP Ticket is required. Get your ticket here.
What does faithful ministry look like in changing political times? All are welcome to join the Chicago Theological Seminary (CTS) community on April 5 for a day of public RIOTconversations, part of CTS’s Raging Issues of Today (RIOTcon) programs, about progressive theological education and leadership for the next in our contemporary political context. The events are free and open to the public. Guests are invited for the whole day but welcome to attend individual sessions:
- 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Artist’s Gallery Open
- 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. [LIVESTREAM AVAILABLE] A plenary lecture by Dr. Lee Butler, Professor of Psychology and Theology and Distinguished Service Professor, on the topic Leaders for the Next in an Era of Neo-Reconstruction. (Fourth floor chapel)
- 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Community lunch conversations facilitated by Dr. Christophe Ringer, Assistant Professor of Theological Ethics and Society. (Dining Hall)
- 2:00 p.m. – 3:20 p.m. [LIVESTREAM AVAILABLE] Dr. BoMyung Seo, Associate Professor of Theology and Cultural Criticism, will facilitate a panel of our international students addressing the implications of U.S. political developments for international students and their countries of origin. (Fourth floor chapel)
- 3:40 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. [LIVESTREAM AVAILABLE] Student Engagement & Conversation – Dr. JoAnne Terrell, Associate Professor of Theology, Ethics, and the Arts, will facilitate conversations with students and all participants about additional theological, ethical, and ministry concerns raised by recent political developments. (Fourth floor chapel )
- 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. CTS Faculty Closing Plenary Panel & Dinner – A faculty panel and dialogue with the audience from 5-7 p.m. will continue, and conclude, the day’s conversations. Food will be provided.
QUESTIONS – please contact CTS Director of Community Life, Rev. Lisa Goods at firstname.lastname@example.org.