Welcome to CTS! We understand serious theological study can be challenging. So we try to make it as easy and comfortable as possible. We are excited to welcome our new students to this vibrant learning community. As with any new endeavor there are a number of things you must do get started. This site is designed as a central repository of all the information you receive and may need to access during the orientation process. Refer to it as often as you need to in order to complete your necessary tasks, and later as a point of reference to anything you may forget along the way.
Here are some contacts and resources to help you with your transition. If you have questions about the information listed, or about Orientation in general, feel free to contact us.
You can find other contact information for important staff and faculty in the Orientation newsletters and on our staff directory.
If you have not already completed the steps outlined in your initial email, please follow the checklist below to complete them now. (For detailed instructions on how to complete any of the steps please reference Orientation Instructions.)
A. Steps to Follow
1. Access your CTS username and password sent via email
3. Access your CTS email
4. Forward your CTS email to your personal email account (optional)
5. Access Moodle: http://ctsonline.mrooms.net/
6. Fill out and return the Immunization Form
7. Send your passport size photo for your CTS ID card to Faculty Assistant, Chicago Theological Seminary, 1407 E 60th St., Chicago, IL 60637
9. Complete your CTS T-shirt order form
10. If you haven't already done so, be sure to follow CTS on social media-- just click on the Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram icons in the top right hand corner of this webpage.
B. Important Information
C. Mark Your Calendar & Register
1. New Student Orientation Retreat: September 3-4, 2015 – the Orientation Retreat is required for all Face-to-Face students and highly recommended for online students. We have found that students who attend orientation get off to a faster and more productive start to their seminary journey! Housing is available. Meals during the retreat are provided.
2. Retreat Registration: Click Here to register
3. WebEx Meeting: September 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th - Register here