Welcome to CTS! We understand serious theological study can be challenging. So we try to make it as easy and comfortable as possible. We are excited to welcome our new students to this vibrant learning community. As with any new endeavor there are a number of things you must do get started. This site is designed as a central repository of all the information you receive and may need to access during the orientation process. Refer to it as often as you need to in order to complete your necessary tasks, and later as a point of reference to anything you may forget along the way.
There are three basic segments of your CTS orientation process:
1. Online Orientation: Every incoming student must complete the online orientation modules. These can be found on Moodle. These modules contain important information the who, what, where and when of CTS including registration, financial aid and other necessary documentation. You must complete these in order to register for classes, so don’t delay.
2. Completion & Submission of necessary form and documentation: Every student must complete a Student Immunization Form:
- Complete and return the Student Immunization Form
- Send us a passport size photo via U.S Mail to:
Chicago Theological Seminary
ATTN: Maryam Boone
1407 E 60th St
Chicago IL 60637
- Upload a copy of your government ID to the Moodle Site.
3. Registration for the Orientation Retreat: The CTS Orientation Retreat is September 1-2, 2016 at Chicago Theological Seminary in Chicago, IL. The Orientation retreat is REQUIRED for all face-to-face students and HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for all online students. Face-to-face students with a valid exception should petition the orientation committee. ALL STUDENTS MUST COMPLETE THE ORIENTATION RETREAT REGISTRATION FORM to inform us of your intentions.
Here are some contacts and resources to help you with your transition. If you have questions feel free to contact us.