Need a job? Take a look at these employment opportunities sent to CTS from churches and organizations nationwide.
CTS Staff Positions
Administrative Assistant to the Office of Admissions and Office of the Registrar, Chicago, IL
Chicago Theological Seminary, a seminary affiliated with the United Church of Christ, serves Christ and the churches and the wider faith community by preparing women and men in the understandings and skills needed for religious leadership and ministry to individuals, churches and society.
The seminary seeks to hire an Administrative Assistant to the Office of Admissions and Office of the Registrar. This position will report to the Director of Recruitment & Admission and the Registrar. This is a full-time position with approximately five hours per week devoted to supporting the Registrar’s office and the remainder of time supporting Recruitment & Admission.
Admissions and Recruitment
* Answer main admissions phone line and email; forward inquiries to the Director of Recruitment & Admission or to the Associate Director of Recruitment & Admission
* Work closely with other admissions and recruitment staff to manage Client Relationships Management software (CRM)
* Manage applicant files and transcripts according to CTS procedures and in ways that ensure appropriate privacy and security of sensitive information and compliance with FERPA regulations
* Ensure prospects and leads are consistently entered into CRM; assist Director of Recruitment & Admission or Associate Director of Recruitment & Admission with campaign manager module of the system;
* Provide troubleshooting assistance to prospects and applicants if they encounter difficulties with the application
* Maintain accurate storage of applicant files, both paper copies and electronic copies
* Help to coordinate travel arrangements for Director of Recruitment & Admission or Associate Director of Recruitment & Admission
* Prepare monthly expense reports for Director of Recruitment & Admission or Associate Director of Recruitment & Admission
* Assist with Visitor Days and other Recruitment special events, onsite as well as offsite * Assist with scheduling and welcome of prospective student visitors
* Work with CTS marketing team to regularly update web pages with accurate and timely information related to admissions
* Assist in recruitment and admissions mailing needs, including packet mailings
* Attend and take minutes at Admissions & Financial Aid Committee meetings as scheduled
* Attend CTS monthly staff meetings
* Attend Recruitment/Admission weekly staff meetings
* Respond to transcript requests and process transcripts in a timely, professional and detail-oriented manner
* Manage transcripts according to CTS procedures and in ways that ensure appropriate privacy and security of sensitive information and compliance with FERPA regulations
* Assist Registrar with Commencement needs * Perform filing and other administrative tasks for the Registrar as needed
Orientation (shared between Admissions and Registrar) * Serve as primary contact person for admitted and enrolled students about Orientation events
* Keep track of Orientation documents received and communicate with students about missing documents
* Attend Orientation meetings and serve as the primary administrative support person for Orientation planning and execution
NOTE: This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Chicago Theological Seminary is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Chicago Theological Seminary that all applicants receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or national origin.
Youth Leader, Immanuel United Church of Christ, Bartlett, IL
Web Site: http://www.bartlettiucc.org
Job Requirements: 1. Plan, set up, and lead weekly Youth Fellowship Approximate Time Per Week: 8 hrs. Includes planning time, set-up time, actual meeting time, clean-up time, communicating with youth and parents, recruiting adult helpers, and submitting newsletter notifications for programs. Youth Leader reports to the Minister of the church; program plans are to be cleared by the Minister of the church. 2. Be in worship each Sunday & available for Sunday School Programming Approximate Time Per Week: 2 hrs. Worship begins at 9:30 a.m. with Fellowship Time after worship. Sunday School is dismissed part way through the worship service to attend class.
Contact Name: Rev Susan Tyrrel
Contact Address: 1320 W North Ave, Bartlett, IL 60103
Contact Phone Number: (630) 289-1320
Campus Minister Organization, Cal Aggie Christian Association, Davis, California
Organization Description: A progressive Christian and, now, multifaith campus ministry at the University of California, Davis (Central Valley).
Web Site: http://cahouse.org/
Job Requirements: Prefer licensed or ordained minister from United Methodist or Presbyterian Churches (our primary sponsors. Applicants from other denominations with previous experience working in or with these two adjudicatories may also be considered). Previous campus ministry training and experience strongly preferred.
Contact Name: Mr. Jim Cramer
Contact Address: 433 Russell Boulevard Davis, CA 95616
Contact Phone Number: (530) 753-2000
Application Instructions: Open until filled. Please contact Board President Jim Cramer (above) for further information.
Caregiver Outreach and Volunteer Specialist Bilingual (Spanish), AgeOptions, Oak Park, IL
Organization Description: AgeOptions helps older adults in suburban Cook County live their lives to the fullest by empowering them with information and resources. We partner with a network of other nonprofit community-based organizations that serve older adults and their caregivers. Therefore, AgeOptions can connect you or a senior you love with programs and services in your community, such as: In-home care Adult day services Telephone assistance to answer questions and link callers to the resources they need Problem solving with information specialists concerning care needs Nutritious meals Intervention and education to prevent fraud, abuse, and neglect Advocacy to protect the rights of older adults and assure that critical services are available Employment and volunteering opportunities. AgeOptions is committed to improving the quality of life and maintaining the dignity of older adults and those who care about them – through leadership and support, community partnerships, comprehensive services, accurate information and powerful advocacy. AgeOptions is recognized nationally as a leader in developing and helping to deliver innovative community-based resources and options to older populations in transition and through our network of community agencies, serves approximately 200,000 people annually. AgeOptions receives federal, state, private, foundation, and individual charitable contributions. Our offices are conveniently located in downtown Oak Park near the Lake Street L Green line and Union Pacific west Metra train station. We offer a casual work environment with competitive salaries and strong benefit packages. To learn more about what we do, please visit our website at: www.ageoptions.org.
Web Site: http://www.ageoptions.org
Job Requirements: Under the leadership of the Manager of Community Programs and directly reporting to the Caregiver Coordinator, the Caregiver Outreach and Volunteer Specialist will coordinate volunteers and assist with outreach activities for Caring Together, Living Better (CTLB). The Caregiver Outreach and Volunteer Specialist will provide training and technical assistance for the faith-based and community organizations participating in CTLB and lead outreach efforts to raise awareness about CTLB among business, government and community leaders in CTLB target communities. With the help of this position, caregivers in the west suburbs will receive compassionate and culturally relevant support and training so that they can continue to care for their loved ones. Caring Together, Living Better is an innovative, community-based partnership in Chicago’s south and west suburbs focused on expanding and improving supportive services for informal (unpaid) caregivers of older adults. AgeOptions developed the south suburban partnership over the last seven years and started replicating the partnership in the west suburbs in 2013. The CTLB partnership consists of caregivers, older adults, representatives of governments, faith-based and other community organizations and service providers. The Outreach and Volunteer Specialist will help identify additional partner organizations and volunteers (especially among the faith community) and support partner organizations as they develop and expand volunteer-based caregiver support programs and implement AgeOptions faith-based caregiver training program. Duties include:
• Support partners as they develop, expand and sustain culturally relevant programs to support Latino and African American caregivers.
• Advise on the translation and implementation of a faith-based caregiver support curriculum into Spanish
• Facilitate caregiver support programs in Spanish and English
• Translate caregiver outreach and education materials into Spanish.
• Increase community awareness of CTLB especially with the end goal of serving more caregivers.
Examples of community outreach work includes distributing brochures and other materials, meeting with community leaders, and conducting presentations to professionals, older adults and caregivers. This is a highly cooperative position that will be working closely with the local funded partner churches/organizations and others. This is a full-time position working 35 hours per week. Evening and weekend hours may occasionally be required in order to attend meetings or provide outreach at events when working caregivers are able to attend. OTHER DUTIES Attends and participates in staff, unit and other meetings as required. Performs other duties as assigned. SUPERVISION This person does not supervise anyone. CONNECTIONS This person will partner with faith-based and community organizations, service providers and volunteers.
Qualifications: Verbal and written fluency in Spanish and English required. Experience working in Latino and African-American communities highly preferred. Bachelor’s Degree and two years experience in communications, social services, community organizing, volunteer coordination or related area or five years of related experience. Experience working in low-income, diverse communities highly preferred. Ability to travel locally with valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance required. This position will be located in Oak Park, IL but will involve extensive travel among west suburban towns including Bellwood, Berwyn, Cicero, Maywood, Melrose Park and Bellwood.
Contact Name: Ms. Sarah Stein
Contact Address: 1048 Lake Street 300 Oak Park, IL 60301 United States
Contact Phone Number: (708) 383-0258
Senior Pastor, Jacob's Well Community Church
Organization Description: Church located in Normal, IL near two major universities - Illinois State University and Illinois Wesleyan University.
Web Site: http://thejake.cc
Job Requirements: Preaching minister position - experience preferred but not a must.
Qualifications: Will consider any applicant with appropriate education or experience in ministry. You must fill out one of our application forms found at our web site.
Contact Name: Mr Bob Vercruysse
Contact Address: 304 Jersey Av Normal, IL 61761 United States
Contact Phone Number: (309) 212-1098
Application Deadline: Friday, March 10, 2017
Application Instructions: find an application to fill out and return at: thejake.cc/pastor-job-application/ You may also send us a resume.