Need a job? Take a look at these employment opportunities sent to CTS from churches and organizations nationwide.
There are currently no job openings at Chicago Theological Seminary at this time. Please take a look at one of the many external listings submitted to us below.
Chaplain, High Point Jail Ministry (High Point, NC)
High Point Jail Ministry is currently searching for a new chaplain. Interested applicants should download the full job description. All resumes are due by March 7, 2014.
Director of Children's Ministries, Community UMC (Naperville, IL)
- Organization Description: Community United Methodist Church is looking for a part time Director of Children’s Education. This position involves leading spiritual formation for 60+ children. CUMC is looking for a person who is a self-starter, highly motivated and willing to think outside the box to offer children unique and exciting opportunities to learn about who God is and begin to develop their faith.
- Website: www.communityunitedmethodist.org/
- Job Requirements:
• Serve as an advocate for children and families on staff and the Church Council
• Oversee Children’s Sunday School through 5th grade
o Recruit, train and organize Sunday School teacher volunteers
o Track attendance and maintain an up to date roster of children and volunteers who are active in Children’s programming and report numbers to Church Council
• Choose and maintain Sunday School curriculum in cooperation with the Christian Education committee
o Organize yearly curriculum reviews and program evaluations
• Assist Sunday School teachers and volunteers with ordering and choosing supplies to meet their program needs
• Organize, recruit and train volunteers to lead Children’s Church at the 8:30am and 11am services
• Plan and hold teacher training to review Safe Sanctuary Policies and general safety guidelines for all teachers/volunteers at least once a year
o Develop fire safety plan and execute yearly fire drills
• Review (yearly) and update (as needed) Safe Sanctuary policy in cooperation with the Christian Education Committee
• Communicate regularly with congregation regarding Christian Education programs
o E-tidings, bulletin announcements
• Connect with students/parents/families on Sunday mornings and through home visits
• Promote Children’s programming events in cooperation with the Children’s Education committee and the Evangelism committee
• Order Bibles for third graders and present Bibles to third graders
• Attend weekly staff meetings, monthly Church Council meetings
• Lead monthly Christian Education committee meetings In cooperation with the committee chair
• Supply and organize canvas bags with activities for children during worship
- Qualifications: • Knowledge of children’s faith formation and understanding of children's educational needs in a church setting
• Ability to creatively plan, develop, coordinate, manage, and implement Christian Education programming
• Organizational skills to manage students and volunteers
• Ability to work positively and effectively with staff, individuals, groups and teams of volunteers
• A positive attitude and enthusiastic leadership style capable of motivating and empowering others
• Flexible and willing to adapt to new ways of doing things
- Contact: Rev. Sarah Meacham
20 N. Center St.
Naperville, IL 60540
- Application Instructions: Submit applications to the contact above.
- Application Deadline: Monday, March 10, 2014
Minister of Discipleship, Plymouth UCC (Des Moines, IA)
- Organization Description: Plymouth Church is a progressive, Open and Affirming congregation with over 3,000 members in Des Moines, Iowa.
- Website: www.plymouthchurch.com
- Job Requirements: The Minister of Discipleship will direct the congregation’s ministries of spiritual growth and faith formation. As a member of the pastoral staff, this minister will take the lead in overseeing educational programs from baptism through adulthood. Join a talented staff team at a historic and thriving church where all are welcome!
- Qualifications:Must be an ordained minister, eligible for standing in the United Church of Christ.
- Contact: Rev. Matt Mardis-LeCroy
4126 Ingersoll Ave
Des Moines, IA 50312
- Application Instruction: Profile and job description available upon request. Please send UCC ministerial profile or comparable materials to Matt Mardis-LeCroy.
Summer Internships, World Relief Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Organization Description: Empowering the local Church to serve the most vulnerable
- Website: http://worldrelief.org/
- Job Requirements: World Relief Chicago is seeking motivated summer interns to join our team, and we think you could be a great fit! Interning with World Relief is a great way to add an internationally recognized organization to a resume, and to gain a deeper understanding of relief and development work.
Early Childhood Education Intern
Refugee Housing Services Intern
Refugee Resettlement Intern
Summer Learning Program Youth Services Intern
- Qualifications: *Competent in the use of Microsoft Office
*Ability to work with minimum supervision, and to deal with issues promptly and efficiently
*Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing
*Flexible and motivated team player
- Contact: Hannah Garber
- Application Instructions: To apply for this position, please visit www.worldrelief.org/volunteer.
- Application Deadline: Tuesday, April 1, 2014