Need a job? Take a look at these employment opportunities sent to CTS from churches and organizations nationwide.
CTS Staff Positions
Events Manager and Facility Coordinator
- Description: The seminary seeks to hire an EVENTS MANAGER AND FACILITY COORDINATOR in Administration. This position will report to the Vice President of Finance and Administration. The EVENTS MANAGER AND FACILITY COORDINATOR is responsible for managing events and providing day to day support to the Facility Management Consultant.
- Essential Job Functions: The EVENTS MANAGER AND FACILITY COORDINATOR is responsible for day-to-day facility support and event management for CTS constituencies and outside clients (including receptions, weddings, and classes).
- Position Description: Available HERE.
Coordinator, Annual Fund & Alumni Relations
- Description: The seminary seeks to hire an ANNUAL FUND & ALUMNI RELATIONS COORDINATOR in Advancement. This position will report to the Annual Fund & Alumni Relations Manager. The ANNUAL FUND & ALUMNI RELATIONS COORDINATOR is responsible for the coordination of annual fund activities.
- Essential Job Functions: The ANNUAL FUND & ALUMNI RELATIONS COORDINATOR is responsible for completing the day to day tasks related to ongoing solicitation, execution and follow up of campaigns, programs, events, and essential activities related to cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of the churches, individuals and alumni prospects and donors.
- Position Description: Available, HERE.
Senior Pastor, New Hope Baptist Church (Bolingbrook, IL)
- Organization Description: New Hope Baptist Church, Bolingbrook, IL, is a vibrant congregation dedicated to the service of Christ through a wide variety of ministries. The congregation is made up of families and individuals representing diverse cultures.
- Website: http://www.nbhci.org
- Job Description: We are seeking a pastor dedicated to enhancing God’s Kingdom while renewing and revitalizing New Hope’s vision and mission. Among other responsibilities, the new pastor must provide solid spiritual leadership and church administration. Pastor expectations: spiritual growth, increased stewardship, and ministry renewal among the laity. More information HERE.
New Hope Baptist Church
509 East Briarcliff Road
Bolingbrook, IL 60440
- Application Deadline: December 15, 2015
Humanitarian Affairs Officer, LDC Charities (Franklin Park, IL)
- Organization Description: The Ldc Charities is a humanitarian organization, partnered with the catholic Community Services provides relief to victims of disaster and helps people prevent, prepare for, and respond to emergencies.
- Website: www.ldscharities.org
- Job Description: (1) Work with local non NGO organizations in the city
(2)Provide food,toys, hygiene supplies, and clothes for children living in orphanages in their city
(3)Send mails to our list of fundraisers and help book hall where fundraisers can meet at the end of the month
(4)Implement projects to meet needs that are specific to their community amongst others
- Contact: Brian Harris
11301 W. Irving Park Rd.
Franklin Park, IL 60131
- Application Deadline: December 24, 2015
Associate Pastor, All Peoples Church (Milwaukee, Wisconsin)
- Organization Description: All Peoples is a cross-cultural congregation with a powerful and prophetic ministry in Milwaukee. We are one church with two campuses.
- Website: http://allpeoplesgathering.org
- Job Description: The associate pastor will reside at the Havenwoods campus and devote part of her or his time to the administration and development of that site. This includes primary leadership for the SEEDS worship service. The other portion of the pastor's time will be spent assisting at the Harambee campus and overseeeing youth ministry. The associate pastor is also expected to be involved in the the social justice work of the congregation.
- Qualifications: All Peoples Church is calling an associate pastor to serve at both campuses. The qualified candidate will have an M.Div degree, be rostered in the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (or is eligible for a call through full communion partnerships or willing to participate in the process for eligibility) and have experience in a multicultural setting. It is a full-time call with salary and benefits at synod guidelines. A parsonage is provided.
- Contact: Rev. Steve Jerbi
- Application Instructions:
Youth Leader, Trinity United Methodist Church (Mt. Prospect, IL)
- Website: http://www.trinitymp.org
- Job Description:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Communicate and build relationships with all age groups & be a caring Christian person.
2. Provide for spiritual formation of youth & empower youth to discipleship in Jesus Christ.
3. Co-lead & anchor Sunday morning classes and Friday evening groups, and some Saturday and/or week-long activities with young people.
4. Collaborate with others in the design and implementation of youth ministry; oversee programs, retreats, mission/service trips, stewardship activities, outreach experiences.
5. Serve on Youth Council and Church Council
6. Attend and support dramatic, athletic and musical events in which youth participate.
Education and Experience Requirements:
1. Bachelor Degree; training and/or experience leading 6th-12 grade youth.
2. United Methodist Certification in Youth Ministries preferred.
3. Be at least 22 years of age
4. Valid driver’s license
5. Complete Safe Gatherings online training and background check (upon hire)
- Contact: Jacki Bogolia
Children's Minister, Berry Memorial United Methodist Church (Chicago, IL)
- Organization Description:Founded in 1909 as the Berry Memorial Methodist episcopal Church, Berry United Methodist Church has been serving the Lincoln Square community for over 100 years. Currently, we offer a vibrant worship experience for all people. As a reconciling congregation within the United Methodist Church, Berry is welcoming and affirming of all people regardless of your ethnicity, gender, social status, or sexual identity. We believe that you are beloved by God and you are welcome in our community. Berry also offers a growing family and children’s ministry which includes Godly Play, a program on Sunday morning during the school year where Montessori meets Sunday School.
Our Mission:Berry is an honest and compassionate community of spiritual seekers, inclusive of all. Through Christ’s example we are joyfully and intentionally living out God’s love while seeking creative ways to provide healing and wholeness to our world.
- Website: http://www.berryumc.org
- Job Requirements: Click HERE.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Certification in Godly Play is preferred or willingness to become certified.
- Experience with young children.
- Application Instructions: To apply, please send a cover letter or personal statement, resume, and three references.
Director of Children and Family Ministries, Plymouth Congregational Church, UCC (Des Moines, IA)
- Organization Description: Plymouth Congregational Church, an open and affirming UCC congregation of approximately 3,300, is looking for an enthusiastic Director of Children and Family Ministries (CFM). The Director of CFM is a full time, salaried employee who will be responsible for the educational programs and activities that lead the faith formation of children and families of the church. Plymouth is seeking an experienced professional who can maintain and strengthen Plymouth's current programs, as well as develop new opportunities for Plymouth's families and children. The successful candidate will lead and coordinate Plymouth's Christian education programming and other related activities, supervise the church's childcare program, and recruit and manage both paid staff and volunteers. In addition, the Director of CFM will be an integral part of the church discipleship team and build close relationships with all of Plymouth's staff, volunteers, children and parents. Plymouth Church aspires to touch the lives of many families, and the Director of CFM will be instrumental in helping the church fulfill its mission to grow in love of God and neighbor in central Iowa and beyond.
- Website: http://www.plymouthchurch.com
- Job Requirements: Click HERE.
- Qualifications: Minimum Bachelor’s Degree with a preference toward a degree in a field related to children’s ministry, education, child development or other related educational backgrounds and five years of related professional experience; Proven ability to build, equip, and lead volunteer teams; Strong organizational skills, including written and oral communication, budgeting, and administrative skills. Must possess an ability to learn and fully utilize budgeting and IT systems used by Plymouth Church. Proven ability to envision, plan, implement, and sustain programs for children and families that form a strong faith foundation consistent with vision and strategic priorities of Plymouth Church. Must possess flexibility to respond to changing program needs; Must understand and support Plymouth Church's Open and Affirming Policy and be able to provide leadership and sensitivity in support of Plymouth's LGBT children and families; Ability to acommodate and include families with diverse and/or special needs; Be a person of Christian faith with a commitment to personal spiritual development, with a heart for the children and families of our congregation.
- Contact: Rev. Kathryn Palen
There are currently no job postings specifically for seminarians. Please check back soon.