Need a job? Take a look at these employment opportunities sent to CTS from churches and organizations nationwide.
Manager, Alumni Relations
- Description: The seminary seeks to hire a MANAGER OF ALUMNI RELATIONS in Advancement. This position will be report to Vice President of Advancement. The principal responsibilities include The Manager of Alumni Relations is responsible for the planning and implementation of events, programs and projects that strategically engage CTS alumni in strengthening programs and provide tangible benefits to alumni and current students. The CTS alumni community currently numbers approximately 3,000 of whom approximately 1,700 may be reached via current contact information.
- Essential Job Functions: Serving as an ambassador, the Manager of Alumni Relations is charged with coordinating events, programs, and projects for CTS alumni across the nation, the manager of alumni relations position is focused on planning events, projects and programs that generate contributed revenue as well as renew annual association membership dues from CTS alumni. The manager will also staff the CTS Alumni Association Advisory Committee.
- Position Description: Available, HERE.
Hospital Chaplain, Cayuga Medical Center (Ithaca, NY)
- Organization Description: Cayuga Medical Center is searching for a Hospital Chaplain to work alongside the Director of Spiritual Care and one per diem chaplain. Chaplaincy at Cayuga Medical Center covers all areas of the hospital. We are a 204 bed JCAHO accredited, community hospital located in Ithaca, NY. CMC employs a medical staff of 200 highly credentialed physicians and more than 1300 employees. We have a long-standing commitment to provide care that embraces the diversity of our community. CMC is recognized for its commitment to patient safety, a positive work environment, and clinical excellence.
Ithaca is located in the heart of the Finger Lakes—an area renowned for natural beauty, and progressive culture. Home to Cornell University and Ithaca College, our community is consistently identified as highly educated, desirable and economically stable.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to our focus on excellent care, future, while participating in an excellent compensation and benefits program.
- Website: www.cayugamed.org
- Job Requirements: Hospital Chaplain: (Part-time, Salaried) Responsible for spiritual care for medical center patients and their loved ones. Requires the ability to connect with and provide counseling to individuals from diverse religious, cultural, ethnic and educational backgrounds. This position is responsible for developing a training program for Spiritual Care Volunteer Visitors. Includes some emergency on-call responsibility.
- Qualifications: Candidates must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, a theological degree from an accredited seminary, and ecclesiastical endorsement. Strong preference will be given to candidates who are Board Certified Chaplains or candidates who have successfully completed 4 units of Clinical Pastoral Education.
- Contact: The Rev. Timothy Dean
101 Dates Drive
Ithaca, NY 14850
- Application Instructions: Apply online http://cayugamed.org/content.cfm?page=joblist
- Application Deadline: July 31, 2015
Chaplain, Tennyson Center for Children at Colorado Christian Home (Denver, CO)
- Organization Description: Tennyson Center for Children at Colorado Christian Home has grown to become one of the Rocky Mountain region's leading treatment centers and K-12 schools for emotionally and crisis-affected children and youth, particularly those suffering from abuse and neglect. We serve children ranging in age from 5-18 and we are dedicated to ensuring that these amazing kids having the fighting chance they deserve at a satisfying and fulfilling life.
Our treatment programs are extensive and are as varied as the wonderful children and families served by Tennyson Center. We provide competent and caring treatment, educational and advocacy services in an environment that is child-centered, family-focused and community-based.
- Website: www.tennysoncenter.org
- Job Requirements: Our Chaplain offers leadership regarding the spiritual health of the agency and provides and coordinates pastoral care, ecumenical and interfaith activities related to the spiritual growth and or religious practices of children and families. In addition to offering pastoral care services, our Chaplain serves on our Clinical team to help families make sense of their faith as it relates to their treatment experience, and assists in identifying the interfaces of spiritual themes and clinical issues when our families can benefit from a spiritually-integrated treatment approach. By working with the Clinical team directly, our chaplain is able to provide relevant services for spiritual development that maintain clinical value and complement the treatment process.
- Qualifications: M. Div. or commensurate, and MSW or other Clinical Masters required (license eligible.) AAPC or CPE certification and Ecumenical experience preferred. Two years previous experience with emotionally disturbed children preferred. Current good standing in the Order of Ministry (or eligible to receive) of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), or equivalent good standing with another denomination. All candidates must have (or ability to obtain) a valid Colorado driver license.
- Contact: Andrew Pasini
2950 Tennyson St.
Denver, CO 80212
- Application Deadline: July 17, 2015
Children's Ministry Associate P/T, Winnetka Covenant Church (Wilmette, IL)
- Organization Description: A congregation of 300 worshipping members in a northern suburb of Chicago, part of the Evangelical Covenant denomination. We currently have 3 full-time pastors.
- Website: www.winnetkacovenant.org
- Job Requirements: Work with the Christian formation board and church leadership to create a guiding theological vision for children's ministry in the church with central use of scripture. Plan, coordinate and implement the Bible teach, worship and fellowship opportunities during Sunday morning Children's Worship and Wednesday night programming for children age 4 through grade 5. Oversee communication with children and families through the bulletin, newsletter, email and personal communication. Provide leadership for Vacation Bible School, summer Sunday morning curriculum, and other children and family gatherings.
- Qualifications: An active Christian faith, an enthusiastic leadership presence, and an inviting and nurturing spirit. Christian formation/education students are encouraged to apply.
- Contact: The Rev. Peter Hawkinson
1200 Hibbard Rd
Wilmette, IL 60091
- Application Insructions: Please contact us via email or phone.
- Application Deadline: July 1, 2015
Associate Minister, University Christian Church (Austin, TX)
- Organization Description: University Christian Church (UCC) seeks to be a dynamic, inclusive community living out the love of Jesus the Christ, through thoughtful worship, compassionate service and spiritual growth. The church is located on the footsteps of the University of Texas at Austin.
- Website: www.ucc-austin.org
- Job Requirements: The Associate Minister coordinates and collaborates with the following standing committees and councils:
Endowment for Creative Ministries Program
The Associate Minister will participate in worship weekly and will preach on a regular schedule in consultation with the Senior Minister.
The Associate Minister will formulate a coordinated educational focus through planning and supervising the Christian Education program at University Christian Church, including:
Recruit and provide resources for adult Sunday School teachers
Develop new adult Sunday School classes as needed
Develop non-traditional educational opportunities for adults
Break new ground in electronic communications and education technologies
Provide support and counseling to UCC parents
Create leadership development materials
Support and supplement UCC Campus Ministry
Develop educational experience for the Church and broader community
Assist with producing materials on subjects of interest to the wider Christian (and perhaps secular) community as described in the New Beginnings final report
Recruit and train Sunday School teachers, and provide curriculum for children and youth Sunday School teachers
Teach Sunday School classes and other studies for all ages when appropriate
Recruit, train, schedule leaders for Children's Church
Recruit, train, support, provide resources for Children and Youth Fellowship Group sponsors
Plan and provide leadership for special youth events
Provide counseling for youth
Assist Senior Minister in Providing curriculum for and teaching Pastor's Class
Work with volunteers in preparing and implementing Vacation Bible School
Participate in leadership for Bluebonnet Area children and youth events, including summer camping program
Oversee childcare in cooperation with the Education Council
Manage non-music related building use requests
The Associate Minister will attend weekly staff meetings, meetings of the appropriate councils and board meetings, as well as other meetings as requested and as schedule allows
The Associate Minister will perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Minister
- Qualifications: Master of Divinity from an accredited seminary.
- Contact: Paul Kofron
2007 University Ave
Austin, TX 78705
- Application Deadline: July 31, 2015
Educational Ministries Coordinator, First Church of Lombard (Lombard, IL)
- Organization Description: Vital, 550-member, progressive, outreach-oriented ONA congregation of the United Church of Christ 19 miles west of Chicago.
- Website: www.firstchurchoflombard.org
- Job Requirements: This person staffs the Christian Formation Team and Youth Ministry Team, working in close collaborative relationships with church members and fellow staff members to develop, guide, and support the educational ministries of the congregation, including Sunday School, Vacation Bible School, Youth Community, adult education, retreats, and other programs. The candidate needs to be available to engage with church members on evenings and Sundays, and attend monthly staff meetings.
- Qualifications: The ideal candidate will possess: * theological knowledge; * a commitment to progressive Protestant values; * solid administrative abilities; * spiritual and emotional maturity; * the ability to identify and develop leaders; * the ability to build and support strong lay teams; and * the ability to delegate effectively and trust others to fulfill their responsibilities. This 30-hour-per-week, salaried position reports directly to the senior minister. $38,000-43,000, based on experience.
- Contact: The Rev. Jefferey Phillips
First Church of Lombard, UCC
220 S. Main St.
Lombard, IL 60148
- Application Instructions: Send resumes via U.S. mail, email, or fax: (630) 629-2610.
- Application Deadline: August 31, 2015
Director of Faith Formation and Family Engagement, The Congregational Church UCC (Rochester, MN)
- Organization Description: The Congregational Church, United Church of Christ, Rochester, Minnesota is pleased to announce the creation of a new full time staff position of Director of Faith Formation and Family Engagement. The Church is looking to fill the position immediately. The goal of the position is to fulfill the education needs of our children and to provide programming for family engagement and faith growth activity for all ages in a multi-generational Church. The position provides for a broad scope of opportunity for creative and meaningful programming within our Church.
- Website: www.congoroch.org
- Job Requirements: The Faith Formation and Family Engagement (FFFE) Director position has the overall responsibility to plan and implement vital, creative and safe faith-based learning and spiritual growth experiences for the church. The Director will be responsible for the: educational program of the church from pre-Kindergarten through twelfth grade, youth and young adult programming, and intergenerational and community engagement for all church families. The FFFE Director is part of the church staff and is responsible to create a welcoming and vibrant educational environment, recruit, direct, train and support the volunteer teachers for Sunday morning Christian Education Hour, plan worship experiences and seasonal events, coordinate regular youth group (middle school through high school) activities, young adult (post high school) programming and implementation of multigenerational programming with an emphasis on outreach and service ministries.
- Qualifications: The candidate must be on track to be an authorized minister in the United Church of Christ. The successful candidate will have earned a Bachelor’s degree along with either 1) a completed Masters of Christian Education or Masters of Divinity from an accredited seminary or 2) be enrolled in an accredited seminary for the attainment of Masters of Christian Education or Masters of Divinity degree. If enrolled, consistent and steady progress towards attainment of the Master’s degree is a condition of employment.
- Contact: The Rev. Teresa Roberts
- Application Instructions: Please find the full job description on the homepage of the Church’s website: www.congoroch.org. Please send your resume or curriculum vitae to The Congregational Church UCC, Attn: Rev. Dr. Teresa Roberts, 974 Skyline Drive SW, Rochester, MN 55902.
Revitalization Transitional Minister, Little Farms UCC (River Ridge, LA)
- Organization Description: Little Farms UCC was established in 1953, and was the first Open and Affirming congregation in the New Orleans Association and in Louisiana. Our membership has survived several internal events that reflect the resiliency of the congregation which demonstrates a stability and openness toward growth. Our Sunday mornings average 35-40 adults in attendance as well 8-14 children and this has been stable through the pulpit vacancy. Our interim pastor has successfully moved the congregation forward from the loss of a 14 year pastor and we are now ready to welcome new leadership.
Our mission at Little Farms UCC is “To be a loving, accepting, ministering Christian family, open to all.”
• Little Farms UCC is a progressive religious protestant church in a conservative area.
• There is an appreciation of our diversity and a hope for its increase.
• We are ready to partner with a new leader. This is a unique opportunity to make a difference in the shape of our church’s future.
• There is a mutually-supportive relationship among our New Orleans area UCC churches.
- Job Requirements: This is an opportunity to serve as Revitalization Transitional Minister at Little Farms United Church of Christ located in River Ridge, Louisiana. The Revitalization Transition Minister will address these goals:
• Evaluate and assess needs of the community in our area and develop measurable goals where the congregation can have a vested interest.
• These goals and objectives will also need to address growth and sustainability of Little Farms UCC
- Qualifications: Because of the experimental nature of this assignment, we are open to a full-time seminary intern, a recent seminary graduate, or an ordained pastor of the UCC or of our partnership ministries. The ideal candidate is an energetic person with vision and ideas to help us reach the previously mentioned goals. The first phase of this program will be the research and experimentation toward developing our mission. In the second phase of this program, our Church Council along with the additional guidance provided by a team of UCC Pastors from the Surviving to Thriving Leadership Council will conduct evaluations and provide supervision and support on a regular basis. “Surviving to Thriving” is an initiative offered since 2010 by the national church to churches in the New Orleans Association. We are one of seven participating churches. The Surviving to Thriving Leadership Council is a body of representatives from these churches which meet under the guidance of a pastoral coach. The leadership council explores ways to strengthen the churches through ministry and mission, individually and collectively.
- Contact: The Rev. Douglas Anders
9022 Long Point Road
Houston, TX 77055
- Application Instructions: Candidates are asked to submit a resume or UCC profile which will include the names and contact information of at least three references. References will be asked to comment on the candidates’ experience and/or potential in growth and creative ministry. The church will use the South Central Conference guidelines when negotiating a salary and benefits. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt.
Full Time Pastor, The Little Brown Church (Nashua, IA)
- Organization Description: The Little Brown Church in the Vale (The original church in the song "The Church in the Wildwood") is a small Congregational Church located in northeastern Iowa. The profile can be found on www.naccc. We are a regular church with all functions. We have large wooded grounds, church that was built 1860-1864, picnic area, one story parsonage that includes ELECTRICITY, HEAT, WATER, SEWER, SNOW REMOVAL, MOWING. Not only do we minister to our own church family, but also have a wedding ministry, visitors for services, tours, baptisms, and renewal of vows.
- Website: www.littlebrownchurch.org
- Job Requirements: Normal church duties such as sermons (Sunday services), visitation, involvement in church functions and the community. We have a larger ministry that involves weddings, renewal of wedding vows, baptisms, and tours that engulf more than the average small church. There are less than 200 weddings annually.
- Qualifications: Ordained pastor or lay pastor.
- Contact: Donna Pierce
1237 270th St.
- Application Instructions: Please call or submit a resume to Donna Pierce at the contact information above.
Interim Director of Children & Youth Ministries, St. Paul UCC (Waterloo, IL)
- Summary: Directs all Children's and Youth Programs for the St. Paul United Church of Christ (UCC) Waterloo, IL. Works with the pastoral and program staff, as work intersects their areas of ministry. Works with the administrative and support staff as needed to resource and maintain programs and ministry spaces assigned to Children and Youth. Is the primary staff person responsible for working with the Christian Education Committee, its sub committees and working groups.
- Experience: Minimum of bachelor's degree in related fields, M.A. in Religious Education or equivalent preferred. Minimum 3 years working or volunteering with youth and children in a religious setting.
- Hours: Full-time
- For more information: Download a summary of this position [pdf]
Administrative Coordinator, The Center for Religion and Psychotherapy of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Organization Description: The Center for Religion and Psychotherapy is a not-for-profit organization offering psychotherapy and pastoral counseling for adults and adolescents, individuals and couples, since 1965. Fully accredited as a clinical and educational site by the American Association of Pastoral Counselors, the Center also offers education and consultation services. Clinical staff members are licensed by the state of Illinois, and have been trained both in psychodynamic psychotherapy and in the engagement of the spiritual and religious dynamics of human experience.
- Website: www.crpchicago.org
- Job Requirements: The Center for Religion and Psychotherapy is seeking an experienced part-time Administrative Coordinator for approximately 20 hours per week with excellent skills in bookkeeping, clerical administration, and office management. It is essential for this individual to honor confidentiality in relation to interfacing with the Executive Director and Board, as well as the clinical and educational aspects of the Center.
Bookkeeping Services: Manage accounts payable, deposit consolidation and bank reconciliation. Provide standardized billing and insurance billing for clinical staff and maintain monthly demographics. ADP payroll preparation and submission, financial reporting using Quickbooks Pro, and consult at least quarterly with ACT Group accountants.
Clerical Tasks: As assigned by the Executive Director, including correspondence, mailings, maintenance of mailing lists, report preparation for AAPC Accreditation, Staff Meetings, and Board Meetings. Former Grant Writing experience and familiarity with internet research desirable.
General Office Management: Maintain current administrative filing systems, monitor daily office forms, monitor and order supplies, distribute mail, attend to general office maintenance and office machine upkeep, including computer system management, printer, and copier. Maintain master clinical office schedule. Monitor Center’s general voicemail and email.
Education Program Support: Provide student billing and process payment. Assist in maintaining student files. Assist in updating Program Manual and other documents. Maintain files related to practicum /internship site contracts. Assist faculty and Administrative Directors of Education with clerical tasks as needed. Respond to requests for application to the Education Program.
This position requires approximately twenty hours per week.
- Qualifications: Required Skills, Knowledge, and Characteristics:
1. Has an appreciation for the objectives and purpose of the Center.
2. Provides assistance to the Executive Director.
3. Handles confidential material appropriately and respects the privacy of clients, clinical staff, the Executive Director and Board Members.
4. Excellent communication, office organizational and management skills.
5. Works independently without close daily supervision.
6. Experience with accounts payable, budget management, payroll, commercial banking and not-for-profit financial record-keeping and tax reporting procedures (Bonded or Bond eligible).
7. Excellent computer knowledge and experience, including:
Microsoft Word, including Excel
Database Management and 125 Cafeteria Plan record keeping
ADP Payroll Preparation Procedures
Internet Banking and Electronic Transactions
HTML and Website Management
- Contact: Dr. Catherine Burris-Schnur
30 N. Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60602
- Application Instructions: Send resume with cover letter to:
The Center for Religion and Psychotherapy of Chicago
Attention: Catherine Burris-Schnur, D.Min., L.C.P.C., Executive Director
30 North Michigan Avenue, Suite 1920
Chicago, Illinois 60602