Ways to Give

Since its beginning in 1855, Chicago Theological Seminary has been at the forefront of bold conversations and informed social action. CTS continues to develop inclusive and progressive leaders who are catalysts for change, and who work at the heart of transformative social justice movements and faith communities. A small seminary with a big legacy and an even bigger vision, CTS competes with institutions able to offer students greater scholarship funding.

Today the world needs more leaders who can think critically, theologically, and in the moment. The world needs people who can lead communities with compassion, empowerment, and understanding. Your generous support of these Leaders for the Next will help us fill this vital need.

Gifts to Chicago Theological Seminary are tax deductible to the full extent of the law. Names of our donors and supporters are included in the annual Donor Roll in Challenge and Response Magazine.

It’s quick, easy and secure! Simply click here to give via credit card in one transaction, or choose to give monthly.

Please send a check or money order to:

Chicago Theological Seminary
Office of Advancement
1407 E. 60th Street
Chicago, IL 60637

A gift to CTS may also be made via stock transfer.  For complete stock transfer instructions, please click here. Working with the United Church Funds, CTS can accept cryptocurrency gifts. For questions, please contact the Office of Advancement by email at [email protected] or by phone at 773.896.2430.

You can disburse funds to CTS and your favorite nonprofits through your donor-advised fund. For more information about what a DAF is, and how it can benefit your philanthropy, click here.

Information for making a donor-advised fund gift to CTS:

  • Legal Name: Chicago Theological Seminary Board of Directors
  • Federal Tax ID: 36-2167014
  • Name of fund or program you’d like to direct your gift to
  • Mailing Address: 1407 E. 60th Street, Chicago, IL 60637

Donors age 72 with mandatory IRA distributions can make a gift directly through their IRA custodian and avoid income tax. If you’re too young to roll over your IRA, you can still name CTS as a beneficiary. Contact the Office of Advancement by email at [email protected] or by phone at 773.896.2430 for more information.

There are few more enduring ways to express your values than to make a future gift to benefit Chicago Theological Seminary. The easiest way to do this is through a planned gift, which is one that is planned for during your lifetime but not fully realized until after your death. Planned gifts are a wonderful way to create a meaningful legacy for you and your family and secure the future of Chicago Theological Seminary’s mission. Planned gifts do not require great wealth. It is a win for you, and a win for Chicago Theological Seminary. There are several ways to structure your planned gift depending on your objectives. Check out our Planned Giving page for more.

Many companies offer matching gift programs to encourage employees and spouses to contribute to charitable organizations. Most of these programs match contributions dollar for dollar, and some will even double or triple the amount of your gift! While CTS is a seminary, we are designated by the IRS as an institution of higher learning. Contact your Human Resources department to find out if your company participates in a matching gift program.

CTS invites you to designate your gift in honor or celebration of another. These designations can be made online in the comments section, or in the memo line of your check. CTS will notify all honorees or family members a gift has been received in their name.

Donor Privacy Policy

Chicago Theological Seminary will not sell, trade or share a donor’s personal information with anyone else or send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations.

At any point donors may contact Advancement staff to remove their names and contact information from mailings. To opt out of email communications, please unsubscribe via the email received.

Office of Advancement
773.896.2430 [email protected]

This information is intended to provide general guidance about this law and is not a substitute for professional counsel.  Consult your tax or legal advisor for professional guidance.