There are many reasons to put CTS at the top of your list. It’s a world-class seminary with a history of theological innovation. Our alumni represent the best and brightest of the progressive religious thought.
Here are other reasons:
- CTS is perhaps the most progressive-minded and forward-thinking graduate school of theology. Learn about our historic advocacy of civil rights, interreligious engagement, gender and LGBTQ justice, and other commitments.
- CTS is one of the most inclusive and diverse institutions anywhere.
- Regardless of your beliefs, CTS will help strengthen your faith and clarify your calling.
- CTS will guide you to important meaningful careers, be it as a minister, a community organizer, a professor, chaplain, advocate, activist or hundreds of other exciting vocations.
- CTS is led by a world-class faculty: famous theologians, inspiring writers, leading-edge scholars and transformative thinkers.
- CTS is based in the diverse city of Chicago. This culturally-eclectic center is a wonderful real life environment to forge your beliefs.
- CTS offers an MDiv degree completely online.
- CTS is accredited by two accrediting agencies; The Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools and The Higher Learning Commission.
The first step in the admissions process has little to do with us. It begins with you. Chicago Theological Seminary cultivates leaders who are passionate, creative, and bold. Are you ready to pursue your passion?
Whether you come from a religious or non-religious background our diverse and complex world needs leaders like you. We prepare students for ministry, academics, chaplaincy, community organizing, and much more. In our challenging context, we recognize the need for courageous leaders to step forward and create change in all environments. We equip students with the skills needed to be leaders in their local communities, schools, and faith groups.
Your journey begins here and now. Are you ready?