Enter your search word or phrase below:
Teresa J. Hornsby
Dr. Teresa J. Hornsby is in her nineteenth year as a Professor of Religion at Drury University. Dr. Hornsby holds the MTS degree from Harvard Divinity School, and the MA and Ph.D. in New Testament Studies from Vanderbilt University. Her most recent book, Transgender, Intersex, and Biblical Interpretation, co-authored with Deryn Guest, was published in July 2016. She is a co-editor (with Ken Stone) of Bible Trouble: Queer Reading at the Boundaries of Biblical Scholarship, and author of Sex Texts from the Bible, as well as numerous essays, chapters, and encyclopedia entries. When she isn’t teaching or writing, Dr. Hornsby codes, plays drums, restores old drum kits, and brews beer.
- BA, University of Tennessee, 1992
- MTS, Harvard Divinity School, 1995
- MA, Vanderbilt University, 1999
- PhD, Vanderbilt University, 2000
- Bible, Sexuality, and Contemporary American Culture
- Who is Jesus?
- Transgender, Intersex, and Biblical Interpretation. Co-authored with Deryn P. Guest (Society of Biblical Literature, Semeia Series.)
- Co-editor with Ken Stone, Bible Trouble: Queer Reading at the Boundaries of Biblical Scholarship (Society of Biblical Literature Press)
- Sex Texts From the Bible: Selections Annotated & Explained