The largest Master of Divinity class ever
The CTS Office of Recruitment and Admission has announced that this year’s Fall 2017 class marks the largest incoming MDiv class ever enrolled in the 162 year history of the seminary. CTS is welcoming 60 MDiv students, a record for the program.
Jason Frey, Director of Recruitment & Admission reports the current incoming class is about 80 students and offers these interesting statistics:
- 67% of the incoming class will be online
- 75% of the incoming class are MDiv students
- Nearly half will be full time
- 65% are female, 33% are male, 2% are trans/genderqueer/non-binary
- This class represents 33 states and 2 countries (Canada and S. Korea).
- They represent over 30 different religious/faith communities
“This incoming class speaks to what CTS represents. The diversity, the different faith backgrounds open the door to greater collaboration and understanding of the world around us,” Frey said. “We are confident this class will be dynamic and help us in our mission to foster a more peaceful, just society for everyone.”